Squeeking sound coming from pully.

Reaction score
Has anyone experienced a squeeking noise coming from behind this pully? I can temporarily stop the noise for a few hours by spraying lube behind the bottom pully from above. It sounds like bearings. Has anyone removed the pully to access the bearings behind it, and how difficult is it? I don't know which component the pully is mounted to but it's the lowest one on the driver' side.

2016 Imprezza Sport

Many thanks.

Attachments

• 20231007_125656.jpg
    20231007_125656.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 8
  • 20231007_125644.jpg
    20231007_125644.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
I'll be honest I don't remember. Best thing to do is look it up and or take it to a garage. Looks like a tight space to get into. Drain coolant from radiator. You will have to remove all stuff in the way to get to it. Loosen bolts holding pulley. Take belt off via belt tensioner. Remove pulley bolts rest of way. Pull bolts out of water pump. Clean gasket material off block. Use rtv gasket sealer on gasket. After installing gasket put new water pump on. Put pulley on. Put belt back on. Tighten pulley bolts rest of way. Put rest of car back together. Fill coolant. Run car with radiator cap off and heat on high. Run till you see no more bubbles.

Ask a Question