2017 not displaying apps or sound settings after getting wet

Reaction score
So, my sunroof drains were plugged (at the bottom and not the top) which led to standing water in the passenger foot well. Had the radio going while there was standing water sloshing around. There was a high-pitched squeal, then no sound from any of the speakers.

I've got the drains cleared and the floor's mostly dried, but the speakers still don't work? Meaning that I can't get any sound to come out of any speakers. Also, there are a few items on the center console that are greyed out, including the sound settings so I can't move the sound front to back or side to side. The equalizer is also greyed out as are the audio app.

I've done a soft reset and a hard reset of the center display unit, and still no sound. I've check all the fuses below the steering column. I unplugged the electical harnesses in the passenger footwell ( that's how you find the bottom drain for the sun roof - it's also where the overflow comes out into the passenger footwell), but it's all dried out and there wasn't anything amiss with the harness that I could see.

Any ideas of what's going on? And how to fix it?

Have a smart Technician remove the carpeting and open all the connections at the water line. The noise and damage is cause from shorting and oxidized connections.

Ask a Question