Quiet ting/popping sound

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue. Just bought a new 2024 cross trek in the onyx trim. When I make a left hand turn, while going slowly, I hear a very quiet little popping sound. Lasts about 3 little pops/tings. It appears to be on the passenger side up near the dash board. It doesn't do it all the time. I almost wished it did, as I could easily have a mechanic hear it and perhaps determine what it is. It does it randomly. Seems to be connected to how sharp the turn is? Any suggestions??

I have the same in my 21 crosstrek I am going to clear the ac drain under the car and clean out the sun roof drains. I have notice the heat takes a while to heat up and I am wondering if there is water that is icing up and heat will not get into the cabin until that melts. I heard it mostly in the summer. I will let you know if it stops

Ask a Question