2009 Impreza 2.5i clicking sound when accelerating.... what is it?

Reaction score
Hi this is my 2009 Impreza 2.5i is making this horrible clicking sound when you press on the gas pedal. It doesn't make this sound in neutral or when not moving. I looked underneath thinking it could be an exhaust leak. The exhaust is pretty solid so I'm not thinking so. I'm really hoping its not a spun bearing or something just as bad. Some opinions please?

I have the exact problem I’m thinking cv axles but it could be a bad cat broken engine mount or lengine low oil cuz it has a bad leak nobody but me cares about.. I will find out soon as she pulls it in the driveway and get back to you

I have the exact problem I’m thinking cv axles but it could be a bad cat broken engine mount or lengine low oil cuz it has a bad leak nobody but me cares about.. I will find out soon as she pulls it in the driveway and get back to you
I got under the car and it sounds like a diesel lol. I really hope it's not but I'm pretty sure its bearing noise
I was looking for an exhaust leak that I thought could be the reason for the noise.
Gonna take her into a shop tomorrow and see what they say

I put the car on stands today and got under it while it was in gear and driving. The clicking was coming from the manual transmission. Thank God it's not the motor. Time for some research

Ask a Question