Turning off Radio

Reaction score
We have the 12" infotainment screen. On the radio tab is a button that says "Radio Off" (or on). It does nothing. If I listen to a track on my connected phone the radio still plays. Hitting mute silences both tracks.

Have re-started the info system to no avail.

Suggestions?

We have the 12" infotainment screen. On the radio tab is a button that says "Radio Off" (or on). It does nothing. If I listen to a track on my connected phone the radio still plays. Hitting mute silences both tracks.

Have re-started the info system to no avail.

Suggestions?
Just checking. I had this problem starting back in 2018 with my Outback 3.6R sold by Subaru of Glendale, CA. It began 6 months after leasing (and later purchasing) the car. I then had 6 subsequent and worsening recurrences until (thru a circuitous process I learned of here) contacted Subaru USA and and initiated the process to have the entire headunit/infotainment replaced. This was apparently done 28-Feb-24 (I should say apparently, since I can't say for sure what they did). 3 days later my car wouldn't turn over because battery was drained. I replaced 2 new batteries and the problem persisted. I brought the car in the SoG and they claimed not to observe the problem. Took the car home and next morning the battery was dead. And it was 100% consistent, but the exact time lapse is somewhere between 3 and 8 hours. Took the car back to SoG and again they said they couldn't observe the problem. I believe they lied. 3 weeks later they called and said they found the problem and they would have the part in ~2 weeks. I called after 2 weeks and they said they did not have the "part". When I asked what the part was they simply said the whole head-unit. The manufacturer (bizarrely) is in Syracuse, NY and they only send a repaired unit to SoG once they get a returned defective one. No ETA. My experience suggests that their behavior and the whole problem is being covered up. I have filed a complaint with the Attorney General here and am waiting for that to be reviewed and action taken against Subaru of Glendale.

Ask a Question