Audio sounding different after infotainment replacement

Reaction score
Hi y'all. 2022 Impreza Premium here.

I bought the Rockford Fosgate audio upgrade about a year and a half ago with the new car. I have LOVED the stereo. The sound has been amazing and totally worth the upgrade. The bass was super great even at "equal" (0) in the equalizer. About three weeks ago I brought my car in for an unrelated issue and asked if they could upgrade the software when they were fixing the other problem. They came back and told me that they were unable to install the software update because the entire system was faulty and died when they were updating (what I assume was the firmware).

I JUST got my car back today and the audio sounds completely different. It's tinnier (tinny, like a can), flatter, and quieter. I was told that the upgrades are in the speakers only, but it sounds no better than the Bluetooth portable speaker I stuck in there in the meantime. Something isn't right, and I could tell that immediately.

Let's just say, the way it sounds right now, is not the stereo I would have bought had it heard it in a test drive.

Ask a Question