EyeSight switch wearing out?

Reaction score
I have a 2015 Outback with EyeSight. Recently I noticed that the EyeSight speed switch on the wheel appears to be wearing out, especially with the initial speed set.

We are planning on going on a lengthy trip with the kids soon. Not sure about having to wrestle with getting the EyeSight fully engaged each time we get in the vehicle. Unfortunately, the closest dealership is a 4-hour round-trip drive.

Any tricks to get it back working until I am able to get it in? What would it cost to replace?

Thanks!

It sounds like your talking about the cruise control buttons(adaptive cruise control). Subaru doesnt have buttons on the steering wheel for Eyesight. Eyesight is the name of the safety system Subaru uses to allow the car to stop automatically in the event of a possible collision. Eyesight is not controllable other than on/off.

If the cruise control buttons are getting worn the only way to fix it would be replacing the buttons on the steering wheel.

Ask a Question