Pester your dealer to get the eyesight recorder sold in the USA

Reaction score
I think I'm not the only one who wants one but enough people need to pester the dealer who in turn can pester Subaru USA.

Are you saying that there is already a recording device which can be added to the car to continuously record, beyond the 22 second loop used in the EyeSight system? I m an yeah, I’d be interested in getting this since I generally use dash cams anyway, but what is this specifically?

It would be fantastic if they could just add the capability to do so through the stock system with nothing more than an external hard drive in the doghouse compartment with the infotainment USB ports.

Pestering your dealer with NOT do anything to help this. You will be wasting your time and wasting the dealers time. You will need to contact Subaru directly for this. The dealers have zero control over these kind of things.

Pestering your dealer with NOT do anything to help this. You will be wasting your time and wasting the dealers time. You will need to contact Subaru directly for this. The dealers have zero control over these kind of things.
Yeah, I wasn't about to go to any dealers and telling them "you need to get this" because one, I don't even know what "this" is, and two, like you said, it isn't their responsibility. If such a thing exists, yeah that'd be great, but I have my doubts. 22-seconds is about all it gets. Just get a decent front-and-rear dashcam and be done with it.

On that subject, I had issues with Roav and now with Aukey. Anyone have a good suggestion for front-and-rear dashcams better than 1080? I'd like to be able to capture license plates: I had a guy bump draft me once in the Hummer but I never could read his plate.

Yes, it is an add on that records from the eyesight cameras front and rear to an sd card, not jus 22 seconds. Currently sold only in SE Asian markets for some reason.

If it is sold only in different markets, then it is basically a different car as far as US market is concerned. Most likely it wouldn't even work without performing something strange that would void any warranties. This is partially because of the software/hardware differences between markets, and partially because of the laws regarding cameras in vehicles. Those laws get stupid complicated sometimes, there's other discussion elsewhere in this forum. Especially if you're talking about southeast Asia... if it was available in EU or UK or AU then maybe there'd be a better chance of it integrating.

Regardless, if it is currently only available in a completely different market, the dealer would have absolutely no recourse to even get them. I'd love to get my hands on one but I have absolutely no idea where to even find one. If you've got a supplier and a part number that'd be a good start.

If warranties are not a concern, it shouldn't be too hard to tap into the cameras. But I wouldn't trust the factory function of those cameras to function anymore.

Ask a Question