Eyesight’s anti collision works only for front?

Reaction score
Hi, I’m new to this forum. Can anyone tell me whether Subaru eyesight anti collision feature only works to prevent front collisions? Not for the sides?Hiw about lane assist, does it provide side collision? I have 2019 Forester and I was changing to go to next lane, luckily I only hit the car’s mirror frame next to me, only scratched it that could bs buff off. I didn’t feel the car steer me away from the other car, so it might just my reflex that prevented more damage. So now I’m curious about side collision and the eyesight’s technology. Thanks.

Subaru's Eyesight only works for objects in front of the vehicle. Depending on which trim level you have the car will have Blind Spot Monitoring but that does NOT preventive possible collisions with objects(vehicles) next to you. It ONLY warns of said object next to your vehicle by illuminating a light on the mirror. Some 2020+ models have "active" Blind Spot that will correct your steering if you merge into a lane and blind spot detects an object. None of which is a guarantee to prevent a collision. It is only there to "aid/assist" in your driving.

Ask a Question