2016 Legacy eyesight plugs

Reaction score
Rebuilding a crashed car, replaced headliner due to airbags deployment.. putting back the headliner, it looks like there's a blank socket in the eyesight module.. I don't remember if something was plugged in or not, but I don't have the wiring for it.. is it supposed to have something in it or not?

Attachments

• IMG_20230112_171931_1.jpg
    IMG_20230112_171931_1.jpg
    326 KB · Views: 20
The vehicle needs to be identified by model or VIN.

Attachments

• StJxkS6aSs.png
    StJxkS6aSs.png
    2.2 KB · Views: 6
There are two pages that should fit your model. Follow the colors and connector for the exact fit.

Attachments

• 2016 Subaru Legacy Limited Eyesight.pdf
    114.7 KB · Views: 9
There are two pages that should fit your model. Follow the colors and connector for the exact fit.

Thank you, I think that answers it.. From the diagram, there are 8 wires that go to the eyesight module, and that is exactly the number of wires in the white plug, meaning that the gray one doesn't have anything going to it.. Maybe it's for another model, or as an upgrade to this one, whatever..

I appreciate your help a lot..

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    217.8 KB · Views: 6
Don't install the liner yet, accomplish all the ADAS calibrations first.

I'm not quite there yet.. I installed both curtains, the steering wheel bag, the clockspring, but still need to reset the airbag module, etc. If I put the headliner back in, that shouldn't interfere with the calibrations, right? all that's under there is the harness and the 2 curtains..

Attachments

• 2fbda26282cb4cf7ad035dd4a2d9a151_ful.jpg
    2fbda26282cb4cf7ad035dd4a2d9a151_ful.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 5
The one problem that remains is that the airbag controller has "crash data" written into the controller.
It will always display a fault and will never deploy the airbag system with a recorded fault.
The are only three possible avenues to "reset" or renew the controller.
1) Dealer equipment may be able to reset the controller - reset crash data.
2) The controller requires a special programmer to delete the crash data.
3) Replacement of the controller (new)

Depending if the controller is replaced, in some cases the controller will require dealer level programming.

The one problem that remains is that the airbag controller has "crash data" written into the controller.
It will always display a fault and will never deploy the airbag system with a recorded fault.
The are only three possible avenues to "reset" or renew the controller.
1) Dealer equipment may be able to reset the controller - reset crash data.
2) The controller requires a special programmer to delete the crash data.
3) Replacement of the controller (new)

Depending if the controller is replaced, in some cases the controller will require dealer level programming.

Right, and I don't have the setup to do it myself, I'll have a company reset the module.. there's a seller on ebay that I've used before who does this service for $35..

We've reset many airbag modules this way..

Thanks for your help, the headliner is back in place and looks good..

Above the 49th parallel. Stick with your contact if the service is working out well.
Newer models, ask to have the original controller cleared of crash data because some may have a VIN and programming data associated to the model that is being repaired.

Ask a Question