Extended Warranty Opinion

Reaction score
This is Mark from Delaware. I purchased a 2021 Legacy Touring XT on March 29, 2021. It has 23,250 miles currently.
I’m approaching the end of the 3-year factory warranty and am considering purchasing the extended warranty. I tend to keep my cars a long time.
I would appreciate any opinions on whether it is a good investment. It is not cheap.
Thank you.

Depending on the warranty there may be more work to settle a claim than it's worth. They are in business not to pay out and will find any excuse in the book to avoid paying. Claiming like a failure was related to a non-covered part, use of improper fluids, improper maintenance and the list goes on.

You would be better off putting the money for the warranty into a repair fund, and even add to it as time goes by. That way you'll have a buffer, and a choice of where to go for repairs, if something that would have been covered comes up. If you don't use the fund you'll have a nice down payment for the next ride.

Ask a Question