Subaru Extended Warranty Purchase Now or Later

Reaction score
I am awaiting the delivery of a 2024 Subaru Crosstrek (Premium). I am 84 years old and widowed, with not a lot of driving being done now-a-days (not due to health) and question the need for Subaru's Extended Warranty prior to the 3 Year/36,000-mile Subaru New Car Warranty expiring. Is there really any advantage to purchasing a Subaru Extended Warranty at time of purchase instead of waiting until the Subaru New Car Warranty is due to expire?

My last Subaru was a Forester (Touring) and I drove almost 24,000 miles in a 3-year period. Who knows, I may no longer be driving at the end of the 3 year/36,000-mile New Car Warranty.:rolleyes:

The extended warranty is for long-term piece of mind. I think you answered your own question

Then again, the warranty plans offer money back on unused years of plan. It worked for me when I sold my Sub two years into a 6 year policy.

Then again, the warranty plans offer money back on unused years of plan. It worked for me when I sold my Sub two years into a 6 year policy.
I just bought a new 2024 crosstrek and the optional protection plan no longer comes with money back for unused repairs. At least that is how it is in Canada..not sure about the united states.

Ask a Question