Check Engine Light and Odd Alternating Dash Lights

Reaction score
2017 Wagon, 67K miles, well maintained.

In addition to the check engine light the dash is showing alternating cryptic messages as shown in the attached images. Anyone dealt with this?

20220703_132147.jpg 20220703_132146.jpg

-thCapn

Howdy, I have the same problem (2017 Impreza wagon w/ 115k), but in addition to the the check engine light I also have the "hill-hold" and "vehicle dynamics control" lights come on. Using my ODB2, I get an EGR problem code. My understanding of the flashing lights is that your cruise control is disabled due to the engine issue. However it is quite an annoyance because I have reset the engine codes just to reset my trip odometer. Plus I am not sure (with the multiple dash lights) if I truly have an EGR problem or if this is an electrical malfunction since the 3 lights come on and one or two turn off after a few hours. I would hate to mess with the EGR unit (having read of folks breaking bolts) until I'm convinced that the EGR actually is the problem.

Ask a Question