Auto Start and Stop

2021 Forester with 48,000 just needed a new starter. $1,000 parts and labor. Called Subaru of America and they offered me a $300 service coupon because this is my 3rd Subaru. Had no idea that would wear my starter out. Now I'm pushing the stupid button to turn it off every time I start the car.

Wow! If you shut it off you won't save money and gas(@ 800 miles I have saved .200 gallons) - sarcasm here my friends.
However, I find it just is no big deal. It shuts off starts back up and yes if one comes to a slow stop it does not occur. All the dings when I get close to the lines are a bit more irritating but Nanny is your co-driver now a days.

paul
I have a 2023 Limited. When Autostop is working the instrument cluster display shows how many thousandths of a gallon have been "saved". Wooo. The worst part is how the car lurches each time the engine stops and restarts

Ask a Question