Automatic Off/Restart--

Reaction score
I've had this feature in several cars. I don't like it.
In my Forester (2019) i just had it happen two times in one intersection as I was turning Left at a light.
I've read the manual. I see a number of factors turn it off. Is there an easy way to do that? Can I pull a fuse?

I appreciate your help.

Thanks
Dave
Toronto

There is a button by your left knee when you're in the car that has an "A" with a circle around it. You can push that button to turn off the auto start/stop but you CANNOT turn it off permanently. Its only off for that drive. You will need to push the button every time you start the car to turn it OFF

Thanks. I know.

I'll find a work-around. I've had two cars with that feature. I'm irritated every time it shuts off. And it's unsafe at intersections the way that drivers here behave.

rely6908 I apologize. I didn't mean to be snarky. I find it really frustrating. I'm glad there's a switch.

I've found the wiring harness that defeats this feature. In my car it plugs in under the driver's seat.

We had an STi before. It had been owned by a few people. It had COBB stuff and a lot of modifications. We had it dynomometer tuned. The previous owner had cranked the COBB apparatus to the point of near self destruction.

It was really a fun car. We attended Subie gatherings with it. It's amazing how much some people have changed on those cars. We made the Sti better by detuning it. It had been safetied a number of times... Oh my.

We also had a Jeep Wrangler. The same type of loom is available for it. I almost bought it for the Jeep, but we sold the Wrangler.

I need reading glasses to see that switch by my left knee. It's really hard for me to differentiate which switch it is. Signs of getting older.

Dave

Ask a Question