Auto start stop icon has been added

Reaction score
My 2020 onyx had a recall notice to reprogram my 11 inch touchscreen. Among other improvements, there is now an icon on the touchscreen which allows turning off the auto start/stop. No more going into the menu to do this. Thankyou Subaru!!!

My 2020 onyx had a recall notice to reprogram my 11 inch touchscreen. Among other improvements, there is now an icon on the touchscreen which allows turning off the auto start/stop. No more going into the menu to do this. Thankyou Subaru!!!
Where do i turn this feature off without the icon, i have a 2020 Outback Premier

I have a 2020 Outback Premier, i noticed if i dont depress the brake all the way at a red light or stop sign, the auto start doesn't engage.

Subaru made this change based on customer feedback and ease of use. We at the dealer applauded Subaru for this as well.

Where do i turn this feature off without the icon, i have a 2020 Outback Premier

You cannot turn it off without pressing the off button. Odds are the government will mandate this feature in the future and all vehicles will be required to have it. The feature cannot be turned off permanently, only for the duration of that drive.

Ask a Question