Audio Install Questions

Reaction score
Hi All -

I am not sure how active these forums are, but I hope someone can help me answer a few questions that I have after swapping out the factory audio head unit in my 2009 Legacy 2.5i Special Edition?

1. Has anyone ever been able to disconnect the A/C control cable from the post? I could barely get my hand up there and there was no way for me to press the tab while sliding the cable off of the post. If I ever try again, I think I will try to find something that is the same circumference as the cable to slip over the post to hold the tab down while I slide the cable over the now-depressed tab. (I am not sure if that made any sense...)

2. There is an extra 8-pin wiring harness that was plugged into the stock unit that is not being used on my aftermarket unit. I'm just curious to know what those wires go to. There are 7 wires connected to the connector. Satellite radio? Mine has a Satellite button on the factory head unit, but pressing it does nothing.

3. I purchased a Metra 70-8901 Wiring harness and I still have the blue "Power Antenna" wire that is not connected to anything. My aftermarket radio is a cheap Chinese unit with directions poorly translated to English... The 4 options that I have remaining on the aftermarket harness are simply labeled "Parking Sensor Control", "Right Camera Control", Steering Wheel Key Control", & "Brake Line". Do any of those seem like a likely candidate for the Power Antenna wire?

Thank you for your assistance on any of the questions above!

Ask a Question