How change default audio source?

Reaction score
Is there a way to change the default audio source to something other than the radio on my 2021 Crosstrek? I hate that the radio starts blasting any time i unplug my Android phone or start the car until Android Auto boots. The only solution I have found is to turn the volume to zero before unplugging the phone. Thanks.

Ugh! I was hoping to find the answer to that same question! I have a 2019 Crosstrek and the radio blasting on every time I start the car drives me nuts. I don't EVER listen to the radio and I don't want anything coming on the audio system until I tell it to. This is annoying enough to make me switch car companies for my next vehicle.

Update: Another forum had a workaround for my Crosstrek that is working well. Here's the link: https://www.subaruforester.org/threads/audio-always-resets-back-to-radio.792727/

Last edited:
Put it on sat radio and set station to 0 or something. I don't have this issue though. I use carplay exclusively and when I get in the car its silent until I plug in and when I unplug when I park it is also silent. I never used my sat radio once when the subscription was free and still don't and my wife is the only one who listens to radio when she rides along with me. Seems like a weird issue that I luckily don't have.

Ask a Question