P.s pump leaking

Reaction score
Hoping someone can help me. The mechanic told me I needed to replace the rack on my 95 subaru impreza because it is leaking. However, the resevoir was very loose on the mount and the fluid trail leads directly to the "leaking" rack. The power steering pump was also malfunctioning. I replaced the pump but it did not come with a resevoir. I did replace the o rings for good measure. My problem now is that the resevoir is still leaking. It's difficult to see where exactly the problem lies. I'm looking for help in trouble shooting this problem because as you can imagine I'd rather not have to replace the rack if I don't have to. Is it as simple as needing to replace the cap? Replace the resevoir? Is there a pressure build up in my lines causing the pump to overflow from the top? I'm baffled. Trying to keep cost down as much as possible by doing the work myself. Any input is much appreciated.

Ask a Question