96 Impreza Washer Pump Issue

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm having an issue with my recently purchased Impreza Sport not having any power to the front washer pump. Just purchased the car and have been tinkering with it trying to get this problem solved, but it's becoming more and more apparent it's not just a simple fuse or degraded wire end. Here's how I went about diagnosing the issue,

No fluid coming from front pump
1. Check fuses under hood and under dash, all good
2. Disconnect washer line and blow through it, fluid blows out other end, line is not frozen or clogged
3. Buy a new pump! Installed and ready to go, but when I put a multimeter up to read the leads coming from the car, absolutely NO current is being sent through them!
4. Check fuses again, everything is fine

So, being an oldschool subaru it has two separate systems for the front and rear washer system. The rear one is working fine and the pump activates when I hit the button. It's just the front system I am having an issue with. I need to mention that this car has had some aftermarket "upgrades" done to it which involve wiring jobs, including a "Your Valet model 552t" remote starter installed by the pedals, and an aftermarket pioneer stereo in the console. There is also a mysterious white wire running from the center console to the Horn fuse that I have not investigated. I am thinking my washer pump issue has something to do with one of the previous owner's work on the car, and I know that there is often connectors under the dash which aren't meant to be normally attached to anything, so I haven't plugged things back together or mended any severed wires.

I've included some photos from under the dash, if you have any input please share it! I could use some help.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/NkS9hKLvE6r5F6fJ7

Ask a Question