Oil Light

Reaction score
I’ve had this car for about 3 years, and haven’t had any issues besides this one. It drives through town and idles fine. The issue comes when I drive on the interstate/highway speeds 65+ for more then 10 minutes. My low oil light will come on and it has oil in it. ( I know I shouldn’t continue to drive), but after a mile or so it will shut off. It will continue to do this until I complete the drive. Any ideas on why this happens?

Bad sensor would be my guess. Tough to know without knowing year, engine, and what the engine has in it. Many Subarus have 5-6 different oil sensors/valves in them.

That's little helpful but still unsure. As I said there are many different oil sensors on these Subaru motors. Unfortunately you will have to take it to a garage and have them diagnose it. Inexpensive thing to try first is if you have the 4 cylinder 2.5L engine is change the oil switch by the power steering pump. That's about the best advice I can give without you throwing tons of money at it.

Ask a Question