AT OIL TEMP and break light flashing, traction control light solid, "transmission" error on screen

Reaction score
2015 Legacy at 99k miles.

Just had the CVT oil changed a week ago. I noticed some lag/slippage a few months ago and decided to get it changed. The CVT oil change seemed to solve the slippage problem.

Yesterday the dashboard started lighting up like a christmas tree. This was NOT accompanied noises or change in driving or ride/return of slippage. Only lights. Took it back to the oil change place, they check levels and confirm its all good. My and their OBD readers can't read the codes. They offer to clear codes by disconnecting the battery, no thanks.

Today the lights are all gone. Called an actual dealership and their tech says sometimes the computer needs to be reprogrammed to "relearn" after a CVT oil change. They are quoting $200 for an hour of labor to do this. I can afford it, but I'm wondering if I should wait and see if the lights come back? I know I'm getting real close to the 100k CVT warranty, but what if they can't find anything wrong and it's just $200 burned?

My PAIN:

Screenshot from 2023-09-19 17-33-07.png

Ask a Question