Oil filter

Reaction score
My daughter just baught a used 2018 Forester with 57k miles. I do all the oil changes for the family so in researching oil filters I run across a ytube that tears down filters and shows the new blue oil filter vs the old black oil filter. The blue filter is very cheep construction so I would rather not use it. The best that I can determine is that the black filter will not fit. So the question is what oil filter are our members using?

Thank you,
Howard

Ahh! The Youtube "experts". None of these experts do any testing to show the filtering efficiency of the oil filters. That cheap looking filter, may in fact be better at filtering than the super filter that the guy with the filter cutter recommends. I believe in using the best products for the maintenance of my vehicles, but take these filter cutter guys with a grain of salt. Just change your oil and filter at reasonable intervals, and you should be fine. I use the factory Subaru filters, not because I think that they are the best, but because I don't want any crap from the dealer if I have to make a warranty claim on my Subaru.

Ask a Question