2007 legacy spark plug

Reaction score
Hey guys. First time ever posting here, I drive an 07 legacy. Recently (maybe 700 miles ago) I replaced all 4 spark plugs with NGK iridium. The very next day I had a misfire… checked it out and the spark plug wire wasn’t pushed in all the way. No big deal. Popped it in and misfire went away, moved on with my life. Now just a few days ago, same thing happened. Same cylinder, same spark plug wire, it had just popped off and began to misfire badly on my way to work. After pulling over I found the wire loose, plugged it back in & the misfire did not go away this time. SO after some investigating and thinking the worse like cylinder damage, etc… I checked the spark plug. As soon as I saw it I knew. The fu**ing tip of my iridium spark plug had WELDED itself together. So I guess my question is, does anybody possibly know what could cause my boot to keep popping off the plug? Or what could cause a spark plug to weld together at the tip? I’ve never came across this before and if there’s something preventative I can do before replacing precious metal plugs over and over, that would be great. If it’s just a coincidence then I guess I’m just wasting my time lol. It’s an easy fix just hoping there’s not something more underlying. (Yes I replaced the plug and now she’s purring)

Ask a Question