60K maintenance on a 2018 Outback.

Reaction score
I am shopping around for a dealer to do a 60K maintenance. 3 different dealers offer various packages. They seem to be good, better and best packages. I am not sure why I would need anymore than the good package. Spark Plugs seem like the mainstay. Any tips or thoughts on this?

One dealer does offer a CVT "something" as a $350 add on. Subaru extended the warranty on the 2018 CVT so I am not sure I need that.

Thanks for any help.

My Subaru Legacy got a DIY 60K maintenance. New spark plugs, new fuel filter, new air filter, and a can of top grade injector cleaner (BG 44K) in to a full tank of gas. Perhaps because mine does not have a load of electronics, this simple service, plus routine oil & filter change, and a careful cleaning under hood to check for leaks, did the trick. Results? Now at 81 K miles with no problems, ready to do it again. Only other extra service was; drain transmission when hot, clean oil pan, replace filter & gasket, refill with premium Royal Purple fluid. This is good for 100K miles! Also saved all receipts into my maintenance log = increased resale value. Used the hundreds of $$ saved towards new lawn tractor & mower.

My Subaru Legacy got a DIY 60K maintenance. New spark plugs, new fuel filter, new air filter, and a can of top grade injector cleaner (BG 44K) in to a full tank of gas. Perhaps because mine does not have a load of electronics, this simple service, plus routine oil & filter change, and a careful cleaning under hood to check for leaks, did the trick. Results? Now at 81 K miles with no problems, ready to do it again. Only other extra service was; drain transmission when hot, clean oil pan, replace filter & gasket, refill with premium Royal Purple fluid. This is good for 100K miles! Also saved all receipts into my maintenance log = increased resale value. Used the hundreds of $$ saved towards new lawn tractor & mower.
Congrats on your DIY plan. I was given a Gold Warranty because my car had a recall and I hassled them. I am trying to keep that warranty valid. Plus I am old and not overly concerned about saving the money, but I do not want to be sold a bunch of dealer extras. I did purchase only the few items that are required for the warranty.

Ask a Question