Need Advice: Ultimate Winter Subaru?

Reaction score
Hi,

I live at 10,600 feet near Breckenridge. My neighborhood gets more snow than the ski resort annually. I pay someone to plow my driveway. But there are days when I need to get to work and the plow is still working it's way through the neighborhood. I am considering buying a Subaru because of the reputation of the AWD system and because my Jeep is just such a heavy pig. What is the best platform to build an ultimate winter vehicle? I am considering a lifted Crosstrek at the moment with snow tires or KO2's. But I'd love to hear from anyone out there that has tried to tackle deep deep snow and what you've done to your vehicle to get you through the truly tough days.

Thanks in advance,

Michael

I live in a place where there is lots of snow.
I have a 2012 Subaru Forester 2.5X Premium
Sport Utility 4D:
Standard Features: 17" ALLOY WHEELS STD, ALL WHEEL DRIVE STD, PANORAMIC MOON ROOF STD, POWER WINDOWS STD
Transmission
Auto, 4-Spd w/SptShft
Engine
4-Cyl, 2.5 Liter
4-Cyl, PZEV, 2.5 Liter

Even when it’s below 0 my car would start probably because it might have a duralst battery

When it comes to ice If your brakes aren’t working properly it doesn’t matter if u have 4wd, all wheel drive, front wheel drive, rear wheel drive, 2wd, Or what type of tires u have.

Ask a Question