New Subaru Owner first time! Need some advice

hfb

Reaction score
Hello Everyone.
First time Subaru owner, last weekend I purchased the 2020 Outback Turbucharged Touring model. I LOVE it. The dealership in all was a good experience except when I got to the Finance Guy. We negated a decent price with the sales advisor but when we go to the finance guy he played the same old same old games.....with warranty and maintenance. I purchased the pre-paid maintenance (more peace of mind and ease) and paid a little over half of the car in cash, and refused to role the maintenance into my lease which I paid for separately. Then we got to the Extended Warranty (EA), at that point he was playing all the hardcore pressure games so much so that we have to get pretty aggressive on shutting him down. He told me if we walked away and did not let him know by Thursday I would not be able to get a good deal on the warranty.

I have purchased EA in the past and I am glad I did because it always seems after you hit 5 years something tends to break. So with that being said I think again you are just prepaying for the an issue in the future.

thanks to this forum I went comparison shopping and I got it down to the following:

10yr/100k/$0 decidable roughly $1,950
8yr/100k/$0 roughly $1,450

Both of these offers are out of state as I live in California.

I went back to the dealership I purchased one more time to the finance guy and said, I was comparison shopping (I did not tell him where) and gave him one more chance to put in a better offer he said the best he could do for 8yr/80k/$0 deducatable was almost 2k! He also warned me if I purchase a warranty out of state Subaru might not honor it. I have researched Subaru's website and it does not state that. It says I can purchase from any dealership. I also sent him an email.

I really need help getting the following questions answered:

1) Which warranty would be best for the above

2) Are the above prices a good deal?

4) Because I live in California do I have to purchase the EA in Califronia

5) If not and the above is not a good price...for those who bought the EA and got better in the last year can you refer?

The above prices include tax. Also, I am not asking if the I should buy the warranty so we do not need to cover that.

Any help ...would be great!

Ask a Question