Need advice on new tires for 2019 Outback

Reaction score
I just bought a 2019 Outback and the tires that come with it are pretty lame (Bridgestone Dueller HP A/S Sport). They have poor reviews for tread life reaching anywhere ner the 40k they are "rated" for and I want to replace them with a good quality 65k or better All Season tire.
My preference would be to go with Goodyear right now, only because a local shop is adding $100 off for a set of 4, on top of Goodyear offering a $40 rebate. Will certainly go with others if there seems to be a consensus on a good tire. I wont be doing much in the way off off road driving, so I dont need a particularly aggressive tire. It'll be mainly local paved roads and highway driving. The plan is to sell the OEM tires while they are still low miles (currently 1200) and use the money to offset installing a better set tires that will not wear out prematurely fast.

Thoughts? Also, do you know if your suggested tires will affect the mpg?

Last edited:
I bought Cooper CS4's for my wife's 2010 Outback at 60,000 miles. (80,000 mile rated)
She now has 143,000 miles on the car.
The tires still have alot of tread left.
My guess is we will get at least another 15,000 +/- more miles out of them.
The tread wear looks very even on them. I don't feel any signs of cupping when I run my hands around them. Also the car has always tracked perfectly straight with no pulling to the left or right.
I have also bought the exact same tire for our Buick 5 years ago and have experienced the same results for that car too.
My experience with Goodyear in the past.
It was the smoothest riding tire I ever owned. But I never could get them to wear as long as the milage they were rated for. I always had to replace them several miles short.
That's my personal experience. Hope this is helpful. Good Luck!

Ask a Question