Help... Very hard cold start

Reaction score
I have a Outback 2005 2.5i I bought the car used about three years ago. last spring the fuel pump began to fail, when it finally did I replaced it with an aftermarket one, there were some hard start and hesitation problems. So I removed the fuel pump again and found a oring out of place fixed it and reinstalled the pump. in my past experience with fuel pumps the wiring pig tail should also be replaced but with this aftermarket unit I figured old pigtail is better than new one that has been spliced together so I left it alone. (My wife is positive this is the problem) Any how reinstalled the pump no hesitation or start problems. As the weather began to change colder the car began to have hard start issues. @70 degrees F crank twice and start, 40 five cranks, 35 eight to twelve, below freezing it may take two or three tries of twelve crank sessions before it starts and belches out unburnt fuel. I have replaced pcv, fuel pump, plugs, wires, coil and the coolant temp sensor I removed and cleaned any sensors I could get too mas air flow etc. in desperate hope that it would cure it to no avail. If I park in my garage no problems exists so I don't think the pressure is bleeding off from the pump or a injector are the problem. Any ideas?

Ask a Question