2013 Impreza: Warning Lights Coming On Out of the Blue

Reaction score
Greetings! My husband's 2013 Impreza is suddenly acting bizarre, after we recently replaced the gas cap (his car is fuel injected, if that helps). His gas cap attachment became severed and he lost it, so I ran up to Auto Zone to get a replacement; I am unsure if this has posed a problem, so I wanted to mention that. (Forgive my noobness, but I've heard that the pressure for fuel-injected cars has to be kept, for other stuff to detect and function properly. Could this be the problem?...Are gas caps--if even specified for this car--from Auto Zone or other chains, not good enough or a part of the issue here?)

Anyway, my husband came home today, and said all the warning lights came on, namely the Cruise blinking and the Engine light. I drove him to work, and it was doing it for me, too. We both are unsure what is causing this, so if anyone could help, we'd be very appreciative. Thanks in advance! :D

The gas cap may not be the correct one for the car. The fuel vapor control system (EVAP) is sealed and if there's a leak, it will trip a light and set a code.

Ask a Question