2013 Impreza back lights staying on

HMW

Reaction score
Unlike most I have seen. When car is off, all lights are off. After some hours the back lights go on and stay on. There is NO switch on steering column near gauges that people are talking about. Ideas?

my guess is it is in the back up light switch in the shifter mech. next time it is on go jiggle the shifter lever and see if its goes off. or while they are off go jiggle and see if they come on. Sounds like when you first stop all is good then after awhile the shifter moves slightly and turns on the lights

my guess is it is in the back up light switch in the shifter mech. next time it is on go jiggle the shifter lever and see if its goes off. or while they are off go jiggle and see if they come on. Sounds like when you first stop all is good then after awhile the shifter moves slightly and turns on the lights
First the hill assist comes on after 5 minutes if I hit the brakes the light goes off if not then after awhile the abs and the track coms on not to be shut off and the brake lights stay on. If in garage I stomp on the brakes after I shut off the car.That sometimes work. Will try the jiggle method you suggest.

With all this extra derails check the brake light switch on the bottom of the steering column that triggers the switch when you apply the brakes. It may not be on steering column it may be on a bracket welded to the column I had a similar problem on my Forester and it was this 12.00 part.

Ask a Question