2013 2.5i Re-man or Rebuilt Tranny (cvt)

Reaction score
Good evening. I'm in search of a reman or rebuilt cvt for a 2013, 2.5i from a reputable company. Any help would be appreciated. I got the car diagnosed from a dealer and the chain driven pump (bearing) is failing. Known defect but Subaru of America will not assist me. Thanks
Corey Ross - (e-mail address removed)

Just purchased a reman unit from Napa with a 3 year, 100k mile warranty. Going to do the swap myself. Any literature / proper steps on removal of the CVT would be much appreciated.

I got the CVT swap done this weekend. Took about 12 hours to get it done with no issues. Now working thru some error codes with ATtemp, Check Engine, Brake and Traction Control lights all coming on after a few key cycles. Any help appreciated.

Update - The reman tranny/cvt had internal damage to the torque converter and it had to come back out. The company sent me a new unit and I installed it this weekend. Unit is operating as it should. I do have 1 question. The control selector cable, does it have a bushing where it mounts with the washer and pin? It appears to be a little sloppy and I don't know if it fell out or doesn't exist. Any help is appreciated. 2013 Outback 2.5

Ask a Question