2010 Forester XT Limited Crank no start

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

In need of some help. Have a 2010 Forester XT Limited with 100,000 miles on it. I have a crank no start issue with my vehicle. NO CODES. Also have fuel dripping out of the exhaust manifolds. I think I am over seeing something or am just over thinking the situation. Hoping someone can help. Vehicle ran perfectly fine in Oct of 2023 and had a night drop temps into the teens and then vehicle would not start. Does not seem like I am getting spark out of Bank 1. Bank 2 is getting spark on cylinders 2 and 4.

Tested battery and voltage is good.
Changed starter because it was original starter and was becoming weak.
Changed all 4 spark plugs.
Tested and replaced 2 fuel injectors on Bank 1. OEM parts.
Tested and replaced 2 ignition coils on Bank 1. OEM parts.
Tested wiring for ignition coils from connectors to bulk head connector and circuit tested good.
Tested ignition circuit from bulk head connector to ECM and circuit tested good.
Tested CKS and ohms out fine. Tested the circuit and found ground and tested the signal wire and tested fine. Checked with a scanner on wave form and found the signal looks okay (from what I can see). Will send a picture if need be.
Tested circuit for fuel injectors and circuit tested okay.
Tested fuel pressure and found on prime vehicle has around 40psi. Here the fuel pump prime when ignition is turn on.
Checked timing and found that the timing was good. Also checked with scanner if I was getting both crank and cam signals and both ok.
Replaced both cam position sensor on both banks.
Though the ECM was the issue and had a "new to me" known good ECM with the same issue.

Want to check compression again but need to get a better compression test kit. But I recently rebuilt the engine and know that everything is good as the car ran perfect the day before it stopped.
New EJ25 block, decked heads and all new gaskets. Ran for 5 months no issues.

would like to make sure I am getting the correct wave form from the Crank position sensor if someone can help with that.

Any insight would be of help at this time. Please and thank you for your time.

Attachments

• IMG_6169.jpg
    IMG_6169.jpg
    317.4 KB · Views: 4

Ask a Question