2008 Impreza 2.5i non-turbo no cruise light on dash....at wits end!

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have purchased my first subaru $1000! Good Deal right...not! Haha. What I have done so far head gaskets, wheel bearing, all new brakses cv boot, caliper, A/c compressor, neutral switch, valve timing pressure sensor. bit of a saga, good thing i can do this myself!

Also car has not been modded in anyway bone stock.

Anyways the issue at hand is that the cruise light on dash won't light. NO CEL and car runs well. To troubleshoot this I have done the following:

Checked all switches through to the ECM: both clutch switches, brake switch, neutral switch using a meter and using the free SSM software. The SSM software shows the correct vin in ECM, Cruise contrloller shows green. Checked all grounds to the ECM, all good.

The abnormality from the service manual is that my voltage levels at the ECM are weird for the neutral switch and the steering wheel controls.

The manual shows that Ignition in the ON and in neutral Ignition I should have 12v and in gear 0v...I have 11.4. It is like the ECM is not giving a ground or something.

The Cruise switches are weird as well. Ignition in the ON position I read on the main switch when not depressed is 4.4v and should be 5V, pressed should be 0V and I get 11.5v
Three other switches:
Pressing nothing I get 6v should be 3.5-4.5v
pressing cancel I get 11.1v should be 0 v
Pressing ACC I get 7.3v should be 2.5-3.5v
Pressing Set I get 9.8vshould be 0.5-1.5v

Hoping there is a ECM wizard on this forum that can point me in the right direction.

Ask a Question