2008 Forrester Tranny

Reaction score
Tranny slipping normally 1st thing especially if I try to take off quick. If I warm it up first take off slow like I should it's okay but I know it's going to be a problem eventually. And I know that they say never change the fluid and filter if it's never been done because then the tranny goes on you!.... but I've had a new engine in it & everything else has been done and I'm going to do it anyway.... just wondering ... my question is... (has anyone tried any of the automatic tranny fluid protectant that stop shutter slipping Etc)???... I'm going to put it in when I get the fluid changed .....I've done some research and every site I went to seems like lubegard came up more than any of the other ones.. ...PS.. Got my engine after doing research for probably a couple months... Since I haven't bought one in about 10 years.....from a place in Saint Cloud Minnesota called (Pam's Engines)...these guys are great!!!....and pretty reasonable & guaranteed etc.
After I put the engine in it drove that car from Marquette Michigan all the way to Dallas Texas between 70 and 90 miles an hour ...runs like a rocket 10,000 miles later!

Ask a Question