2008 Legacy steering whining and chattering

Reaction score
My steering has started to whine and the steering wheel chatters a little. Can I keep driving with this issue for a few days before I get it to the garage or should I stop driving immediately?
Thank you,
Julian

Any damage originating from the power steering pump, may send metallic particles through the hydraulic steering rack. The rack needs to be flushed and none of the old fluid must enter the new pump.
Use OEM or equivalent fluid.
A smart technician will know how to flush the fluid and not allow any contamination into the new pump (if a pump is required)

Any damage originating from the power steering pump, may send metallic particles through the hydraulic steering rack. The rack needs to be flushed and none of the old fluid must enter the new pump.
Use OEM or equivalent fluid.
A smart technician will know how to flush the fluid and not allow any contamination into the new pump (if a pump is required)
This is good to know. this work is beyond me so I will go to the Subaru dealership where I trust their expertise.
Thanks again for taking the time to answer this question.
Julian

Ask a Question