$129 oil change???

Reaction score
Close to my first oil change and just looked at how much the dealership charges. At least it included a tire rotation. Haha Is this normal? How many of you folks do your own oil changes?

Interesting- You are in Arizona?

I am about to Get an oil change and was curious what the going rate is. As of right now on phone waiting to talk to someone that i paid a total of 1690.00 per 5yr finance. If oil change is not included i am not sure. I have the "Value" Subaru Added Security VSC.

There are four Options:
  1. Preferred
  2. standard
  3. Value
  4. Budget

Curious what others thoughts are on this?

Let me know who has experience going through this process.

Carfax tracks your maintenance, so if you go to a retailer or shop that has a partnership with them they are able to give you an oil change and it gets updated in Subaru's system as opposed to going through the dealership.

Any things one should be open to learning - Share would be appreciated.

Best!

Thats a pretty typical price for a dealer. I would do the first oil change there so they can make sure everything is running properly. After that take wherever you'd like or do it yourself.

I plan on doing my in-between oil changes... I'll let them do the scheduled maintenance, but I'm changing the oil in my driveway at 3,000 mile intervals between their 6,000. Monroe used to charge $90 for Mobile 1 in our Lacrosse CLX 3.6 AWD, so I'm not surprised at $130.

I just bought the oil and filter--Mobil 1--about 37 bucks w/ tax.. Why give someone over 100 bucks for 20 min work?? Filter is so nicely place where easily reached. Yes, you have to get down to pull the drain plug-sorry.

I have pan to catch oil, 15 mm socket and couple blocks to drive on to raise vehicle about 4"

I just bought the oil and filter--Mobil 1--about 37 bucks w/ tax.. Why give someone over 100 bucks for 20 min work?? Filter is so nicely place where easily reached. Yes, you have to get down to pull the drain plug-sorry.

I have pan to catch oil, 15 mm socket and couple blocks to drive on to raise vehicle about 4"

You also bought Mobil 1 oil which is probably the worst oil you can put into a Subaru. You dont need to use Subaru oil or have the dealer do it but I wouldnt use Mobil 1 for anything other than a lawn mower.

You also bought Mobil 1 oil which is probably the worst oil you can put into a Subaru. You dont need to use Subaru oil or have the dealer do it but I wouldnt use Mobil 1 for anything other than a lawn mower.

What oil do you suggest? I'm new to subaru

I was using Penzoil platinum full synthetic but just switched to Rotella T6.

Ask a Question