Transmission Increase

Reaction score
I own a 2020 Ascent and every time the car gets to an ever so slight incline in the road, the transmission appears to lower, the engine makes a slight “roaring sound”, and the tach RPM’s increase. Do other folks owning this year and model experience this also? I’m wondering if I’m having problems with the transmission.

Visit your local dealer and ask them to complete a network scan with your complaint.
Ask them to perform a road test to measure the CVT shift points with the details of your complaint.

Visit your local dealer and ask them to complete a network scan with your complaint.
Ask them to perform a road test to measure the CVT shift points with the details of your complaint.

This is a good idea and I will inquire at my next oil change. The car seems to operate just fine but I find it annoying the sound that it makes while doing this. I use the phrase “that it sounds like a Maytag washing machine.” it has definitely soured me on Subaru’s in general and I will probably go back to the Toyota Sienna for my next vehicle. This was my first time with a Subaru and I’m not overly impressed.

Ask a Question