Subaru takes advantage of single women

Reaction score
Bought a new 2012 Forester. Utilized dealers for service. 2nd service they told me I had a small oil seepage. Small not to worry. Kept telling me this then at 60K it all of a sudden became important since I now hat to pay. At no time was I made aware of the service bulletin concerning this issue (camshaft carrier). The service bulletin was issued within months of my purchase. After complaining to dealer they partially warrantied the repair. I guess they only partially repaired the problem since it started leaking within a couple thousand miles. Now the engine is registering P170 fault codes. Won't pass emissions. Dealer now says the camshaft carrier is leaking onto the O2 sensor causing this issue. Repairs now $3,300 plus new O2 sensor, cat converter, and probably short block.

Women beware of Subaru dealers! They will give you the shaft!

Lots of unscrupulous dealers and service departments out there.
It should have been addressed early on.
It may not help but contact Subaru.

Lots of unscrupulous dealers and service departments out there.
It should have been addressed early on.
It may not help but contact Subaru.
Have tried contacting Subaru. Problem gets more involved. In 2016 Subaru settled a class action lawsuit over 2011 thru 2016 Foresters. Vehicles were supposed to be repaired and warranty's extended to 8 years and 100,000 miles. Subaru was supposed to notify all owners. I never received notification. To top it all off, the faulty repair happened after this settlement and I still ended up paying for the repair. https://topclassactions.com/lawsuit...aru-settles-oil-burning-class-action-lawsuit/

Ask a Question