Shake rattle and roll

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have a 2000 outback with the 2.5. Car has shake that gets worse as you get to 55 or more. The shake is only when under load, let of the gas and it goes away. My mechanic has replaced both front axels and inspected wheel bearings ... he's thinking about replacing the drive shaft ? Does anyone have any ideas as to what the shake could be from hate to unnecessarily replace drive shaft at 400 buck if i don't need to , thanks for your help

Take it to a shop that won't fire the parts canon at the problem. Guessing is an expensive way to fix a vehicle. I am not 100% sure on a Subaru but on other AWD vehicles the driveshaft can be removed and the vehicles effectively become FWD. If you suspect the driveshaft perhaps you can remove it and see if the condition goes away. At least that way you'll know it needs replacing if the vibration stops.

Ask a Question