2001 Forester shakes when braking

Discussion in 'Subaru Forester' started by Shenlen11, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Shenlen11

Shenlen11

Hello all!

Just purchased an awesome lil' Subaru Forester and love it so far. Everything seems to be working great except for a pretty intense shaking anytime the brakes are applied. The shaking comes through the steering column, and it happens when we are at high speeds, as well as braking when driving slowly. The bumpiness seems to roll proportionately to how fast/slow the car is going, i.e. shakes faster when going 60, slower when getting off an exit. ONLY shakes when braking though!

We just changed all 4 brake pads, and checked the rotors, and they are smooth no big grooves, not bad enough to be causing this intense of
    shaking. Just throwing this out there, maybe you guys have some ideas!

Thanks!

Shenlen11, Feb 10, 2020
    1. Advertisements

2. Shenlen11

Bob5958

Usually when someone mentions shaking while braking, the first thing they check are the rotors for warping. But you've replaced all brake hardware. I suspect that you have air in the brake lines. Have them bleed the system and I'll bet it improves.

Bob5958, Feb 11, 2020
    1. Advertisements

3. Shenlen11

daddydog

You may also want to check your tires for flat spots, cupping, and out of ballance.
    It still sounds like a rotor problem to me tho.

daddydog, Feb 17, 2020
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question