Safe bolt on for 92 Legacy 5 speed manual

Reaction score
First time posting a thread here. Would appreciate some feedback. I am planning on building a mid engine car using a Subaru engine. Here is where I need help. I have a 5 peed manual transmission (front wheel drive only) (TM752RA1 AA) from a 92 Legacy which was equipped with a 2.2L engine. Can't use the 2.2 as I cannibalized the heads to build a franken motor for a rear engine car. My question is which Subaru power plant can safely bolt to the tranny. I have found very little about this transmission other than it was from one of the last Subarus sold in America that was front drive only. Would love to hear that it can handle around 200Hp with similar toque numbers but probably not realistic. I have a more modern 5 speed manual awd that I can use if I have to but want it for another mid engine build using an EZ 30L H6 (non turbo). The pic is of the car using the franken motor.
00000000000000111111111111.jpg

I'd probably start by searching the transmission housing on the parts sites for the EZ 30 and seeing if the housing is the same for the EJ 22 version. I'd guess that they are, but measure twice cut once

Ask a Question