2017 Outback Traction control unsafe in slippery highway conditions

Reaction score
Going up to VT last year with 1 inch of snow on the highway, our Outback suddenly felt like it was on marbles. Seemed like the rear was trying to come around front. I turned the traction control off and the Outback became more stable, not solid but much safer. No doubt it was slippery at 60 MPH and I thought that the problem was the stock tires. This year we put on some Nokian WG4 SUV tires. This time we were driving to VT in wet conditions and traveling about 70. All of a sudden the Outback felt like it was on marbles again. The outside temperature was about 34 degrees and when I pressed the disable traction control button we regained significant stability immediately. No lights, no warning at all, my Analyzer a Creader Professional CRP129 OBD II finds no error codes. I'm thinking about bringing it to the dealer but expect a "no trouble found" from their analyzer and a $140.00 bill.

If anyone has any information I would appreciate it.

Ask a Question