car enters limp failsafe mode atfer striking object.

Reaction score
My daughter hit firewood on the turnpike the other day. the car is a 2008 forester. The rim was bent and tire lost pressure. We towed the car home. Key was stuck in column and couldn't move shift knob out of park. the car threw an abs light first then many lights came on dash and speedometer read 0 even though she was still traveling. the car engine shut off and she drifted into an emergency pull off. then it wouldn't start. nothing no windows no radio. I tried to jump car in driveway after work and it wouldn't start. the next morning I jumped car it started and was charging battery. I looked at abs sensors on wheels and removed front 2 and cleaned and looked at them for damage and could find none. I didn't see any underside damage. I looked for frayed wire or bent wire or bulging wire and found nothing. I drove car twice on road around house and both times there was a "bump" like you hit a rock in the road. I didn't hit anything either time. Could it be engine missing and shuddering car ? and immediately after abs light was on dash and car started shutting down other dash lights came on speedometer went to 0 even though I was driving. I could only drive slow no matter how far i pressed gas petal. One time the engine stalled/shut off when I made it to driveway. both times shifter was stuck and key was stuck in dash. there are no codes thrown (cel) i put my reader on and no codes stored or pending. Before I take the car to the shop any other ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.
Dave

Ask a Question