Infotainment Screen Won't Turn Off

Reaction score
My screen would always automatically turn off after I shut off the car and opened the door. For some reason, this stopped happening on Tuesday. I didn't realize this and it sat all day Wednesday and on Thursday the battery was dead. Now I have to turn off the screen and audio when I park (like it's hard-wired). I have now noticed that the lights around the screen knobs (volume, tune) and lights behind the buttons (Home, Media, Phone...) stay on even if the screen is turned off. The screen also looks dimly lit.

I have tried rebooting by holding down the power button, I have updated to the newest software, I have reset to factory settings. I even pulled the audio and screen display fuses (one at-a-time) and replugged.

I cannot find this discussed anywhere online. Have any of you had this happen or know who to fix it?

Thank you!

My screen would always automatically turn off after I shut off the car and opened the door. For some reason, this stopped happening on Tuesday. I didn't realize this and it sat all day Wednesday and on Thursday the battery was dead. Now I have to turn off the screen and audio when I park (like it's hard-wired). I have now noticed that the lights around the screen knobs (volume, tune) and lights behind the buttons (Home, Media, Phone...) stay on even if the screen is turned off. The screen also looks dimly lit.

I have tried rebooting by holding down the power button, I have updated to the newest software, I have reset to factory settings. I even pulled the audio and screen display fuses (one at-a-time) and replugged.

I cannot find this discussed anywhere online. Have any of you had this happen or know who to fix it?

Thank you!
You fix it? Having the same problem

I did. I had a USB flashlight plugged into the port in the center console. Somehow it was feeding power back into the system. Unplugging the flashlight out everything back to normal.

Not sure if related but I have noticed that if I leave my phone plugged into the type c port occasionally when I start the car the infotainment comes on instantly instead of going through the splash screen. I have an 11.6 infotainment (2024 Impreza RS).

Ask a Question