Wacky infotainment

Reaction score
my 2019 legacy, and a friend's 2017 ditto, have a horrific infotainment system, which the importer says is a design, not a bug. among other things, it sometimes remembers whether i am listening to the USB stick if i shut off the engine and restart; other times it forgets. sometimes it hunts for music (even GIF files!) on my phone when i am playing from the USB. if the system is off and i shut off the engine, the radio goes *ON* to the most recently played station. there is more, but that's the guts of it.
despite subaru saying it's by design, they also say they are looking to change the software - although how this will apply power to the USB stick when the engine is off escapes me.
i'd like to know if anybody else has dealt with this. thanks

my 2017 legacy had no problems with the radio to turn on/off, but with my 2019 the radio has to stay on all the time to operate the nav/apps etc, you can shut it off by holding down the on/off dial for 3-5 seconds, but then the screen goes black and nothing works....very strange..i just mute the radio after startup..

i didnt ask my 2017 friend for the level of detail i went through on my 2019.. i dont have nav, just want to listen to my music in peace. it shouldnt be too much to ask.

Ask a Question