2016 Infotainment screen display question

Reaction score
Purchased a 2016 Outback from a private dealer, and I find the display screen is difficult to see when the sun is on the screen or close to it. If I shade it with my hand I can see it better, but not that clear. It seems to have small wavy lines that are predominant, which I assume may be the touch sensors. Is there something wrong with the screen or is this the way the screen is in all the 2016s?

I just input a question similar to this. We find that wearing polarized sunglasses is really problematic. You might try to see if wearing regular sunglasses improves the screen. Since I wear prescription sunglasses (and didn't think to make sure they weren't non-polarized, I'm checking to see if a filter screen might be helpful.

You are correct. When the sun shines on the radio, the touch sensors become visible and will not go away. It is kind of like burn in on a Plasma tv. The screen was the same way on me and my friends 2016 Legacy’s.

Ask a Question