HVAC problem, leak at the liquid line connection to the Expansion valve

Reaction score
20240310_182243.jpg

I have a 2015 Subaru legacy and I know they have their issues but this one is rather annoying.

It is leaking at the liquid line connection to the expansion valve and I have been down the roads of replacing the O rings (also adding an O ring to the pressing side to stop it from moving) I also replaced the two Schrader cores. After all of this I am getting a minor leak at the position shown above with bubbles. Photos like to add that I tried doing this repair without the additional o-ring on the pressing side and the leak was dramatically worse. I did use a general o-ring kit to find the o-ring needed (please fill me in if this is wrong)

I would like to know if maybe there is something that I'm missing so I don't have to replace the entire liquid line.

It doesn't seem to be an issue with the shaft itself but I am more of a residential and commercial HVAC guy. I wish there was a way to solder these points but I know that everything has to be bolted on. I was hoping one of you who had ran into this problem couldn't fill me in on a possible fix, without going too far out of OPM.

Ask a Question