2014 Impreza premium manual HVAC blower switch bad

Reaction score
Hello forum,

I am working on my Subaru Impreza wagon (2014) manual climate control. I need the pinout for the blower switch as my connector melted and i have to rebuild it.

Thanks for any help.

Replace the blower motor resistor and measure the current (amperage) of the blower motor. The mechanical switch is 100% damaged as well.

Attachments

• 2014 Impreza premium manual hvac 1.pdf
    60 KB · Views: 27
  • 2014 Impreza premium manual hvac 2.pdf
    69.1 KB · Views: 13
Thank you for the diagram. As my female connector was melted, I need to know the pin out locations in the female connector.

With the blower motor, I verified the blower motor is working ok. I pulled it and ran it separately.

are you suggesting I replace the blower motor resistor too? Thanks for your comments

Three reasons why that connection burned:
Poor connection at the connector = high resistance / defective switch
Defective / shorted / high resistance at blower motor resistor
Defective / shorted / high resistance at blower motor

Replace the blower motor resistor and measure the current (amperage) of the blower motor. The mechanical switch is 100% damaged as well.

So for the attached blower fan switch wires, I am looking for how it is in the female plug so i can put the wires in the correct spots. i did not get a diagram with the connector. I forgot to take a picture of it before.

Thanks

Attachments

• Blower Fan Switch circuit.PNG
    Blower Fan Switch circuit.PNG
    11.1 KB · Views: 15
Match the PIN numbers of the connector to the wire colors. Even if temporary connections are made, finish with "crimp and shrink" connections when finished.

Match the PIN numbers of the connector to the wire colors. Even if temporary connections are made, finish with "crimp and shrink" connections when finished.
Thanks for your reply. I have a connector body and crimp kit. What I do not have is the explanation of what wire goes in what position of the connector to match the blower switch. This is the next thing I need.

2nd page "Blower Fan Switch" (l15)
Bottom of page indicates l15 connector

Attachments

• 6 Air Conditioning System.pdf
    232.8 KB · Views: 17

Ask a Question