Hey Daddy, my heated seat stopped working

Reaction score
'06 Forester with the heated seats. My daughter said the driver's seat stopped heating. "Oh by the way, it quit right after my water bottle accidently emptied out in the driver's seat".

Any ideas where to start on this? She leaves for school in two weeks and winter's coming. It's not the end of the world if I can't get it working but if it is a relatively easy (and inexpensive) fix I'd like to try to fix it for her.

Check the fuses and relays first. Then check for power at the seat to the heating element.
If all is good replace the seat heater

Should get a chance to check it out today. Would be nice if it is the fuse. That element is rather spendy at around $175.

Thanks for the help so far. I found the 15A fuse and it is fine. Is there a separate relay for each seat? The passenger seat works but not the driver. I looked under the seat and I know to stay away from the yellow wires but which connector goes to the heating elements? I'll check for 12V there. Also are both the seat and back heated or just the seat? It seems like only the seat on the passenger side is heated, not the back.

Ask a Question